Colloidal Copper Every Day Keeps Ageing at Bay
What is Colloidal Copper?
Colloidal copper is a tasteless, colourless and odourless liquid supplement that is perfectly safe to use, both internally and externally at the recommended daily dose. Always keep in mind that when it comes to copper, more is definitely not better.
Colloidal copper is made by suspending a pure copper rod in distilled water while an electric current is passed through, causing microscopic particles to be suspended in the water. The advantage of using colloidal copper is that the copper nano-particles, being smaller than the cell membrane pores, are easily able to travel throughout the body, reaching every cell that needs it.
How Does it Keep Ageing at Bay?
By playing a role in both the protection and production of anti-ageing proteins (collagen and elastin), pigments(melanin), anti-oxidants (superoxide dismutase), and humectants (hyaluronic acid), copper has the ability to slow down the ageing process substantially.
Applied topically, colloidal copper stimulates the formation of collagen and elastin, thereby smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, as well as tightening and thickening the skin. Due to it’s influence on hyaluronic acid production, it helps retain moisture in the skin while giving the skin a nice healthy glow.
Let’s consider a few facts about each of the above:
- Collagen is one of the most abundant and versatile proteins in our body. It’s used to create bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Collagen is also found in your gut, blood vessels, teeth…in fact, just about everywhere. Our quality of life largely depends on our ability to produce collagen. As we age, our body produces less and lower quality collagen. Visible signs of this are the sagging we see around our eyes, jawline and neck. You can help your body preserve and protect collagen by avoiding behaviours that damage it. These include excessive amounts of sugar, alcohol, smoking and sunburn. So, to maintain youthful supple skin, painless active joints, and strong healthy bones we need a regular supply of good quality collagen
- Elastin is a protein whose main purpose is to provide flexibility to cells, allowing skin to stretch and contract. This enables us to show the emotions of worry, happiness, sadness, and anger, without leading to permanent stretching of the skin. Thanks to elastin, the stretching of facial skin against a pillow while sleeping won’t become permanent. Elastin is also to thank for a smooth, firm jawline and a youthful looking complexion
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant – it draws water from the air around us, and holds it in our skin, as well as preventing it from evaporating. In fact, it has the ability to hold a thousand times it’s molecular weight of moisture in our skin. By so doing, it alleviates dry skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and speeds up wound-healing.
- Superoxide dismutase is one of the body’s most potent anti-oxidant needed to safe-guard cell membranes from free radicals. Free radicals are destructive scavenger molecules formed when radiation, pollution, chemical-laden food, and other toxins damage the body and skin
- Melanin is a pigment that can only be produced in the presence of copper. It gives colour to our hair and skin. An early sign of copper deficiency is premature greying of the hair.
How Much Is Necessary?
- Recommendations from experts suggest that anything from one to three milligrams per day of copper should do the trick. That equates to eating about six middle-sized avocados per day – for some that’s six avocadoes too many! Or, what about a slice or two of liver, a plateful of oysters, or a large bowl of leafy green vegetables daily
- If these options don’t suit your budget or your taste-buds, why not make it easy on yourself and drink 5ml of colloidal copper per day and/or use it topically as part of your daily beauty regime
All of copper’s many benefits both internally and externally can be ours by supplementing with colloidal copper on a daily basis.